Getting started with the audio community

Dedicated for the vore artists who have an album in this site, including commission advertisement, one thread per user please.

1a. Each artist should only have one thread for an open offer that has no deadline, and one project offers thread. Every commission / stream opening and closing, New publish for purchase, etc, should just be added to the commission thread.

1b. Likewise. Any other deadline orientated project (for example YCH) please just add to your project thread.

-Doing this mostly to make sure we don't have hundreds of artists making new threads every time for people to wands through.

2. Thread bumping is once a week! That means if you just want to add visibility to your thread, please don't bump it more than once a week.

3. Please link to your commission tab, like one of those here https://aryion.com/g4/commission.list.php

4. If you are hiring someone, use our forum for hiring viewforum.php?f=99

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our artist Discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Forum rules
Dedicated for the vore artists who have an album in this site, including commission advertisement, one thread per user please.

1a. Each artist should only have one thread for an open offer that has no deadline, and one project offers thread. Every commission / stream opening and closing, New publish for purchase, etc, should just be added to the commission thread.

1b. Likewise. Any other deadline orientated project (for example YCH) please just add to your project thread.

-Doing this mostly to make sure we don't have hundreds of artists making new threads every time for people to wands through.

2. Thread bumping is once a week! That means if you just want to add visibility to your thread, please don't bump it more than once a week.

3. Please link to your commission tab, like one of those here https://aryion.com/g4/commission.list.php

4. If you are hiring someone, use our forum for hiring viewforum.php?f=99

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our artist Discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Getting started with the audio community

Postby Niamhy » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:37 am

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong forum, I'm a long time lurker and first time user so this side of Eka's is a bit new to me. I'd absolutely be willing to post this somewhere more appropriate if needed!

So, anyway! Like the title says! I'm a halfway decent voice actor, at least according to the couple dozen hours of tabletop roleplay and et cetera that I've gotten feedback on in the past, and I'm looking to kick up a fun side hustle while I'm in college. I've seen (and heard) a lot of talented voice work on here, FA, and e621, but the thing is, I don't really know the best way to get started doing that stuff myself.

Setup isn't an issue, I'm mainly just not sure how to start marketing myself. Thanks in advance, if anyone can offer some advice! ^^;
(If you're reading this, stick me up your ass ❤️)
Niamhy
New to the forum

Re: Getting started with the audio community

Postby the_Wolf » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:51 pm

So, here's a few things that I can say from my own experience on audio.

First thing is to just put some stuff out there. Record, edit, and post the sort of stuff you'd like to hear, whatever tickles your fancy and makes you passionate about making kinky audio. Let people get to know your stuff and what they can expect from you as a creator. My experience was putting audio out just to try things and test the waters, and my first commissioner came to me before I actually put a shingle out and figured out pricing. If you record it and tag it right, your fanbase will come. As you're seeing reactions and how it goes, also gauge how long it truly takes you to do each audio piece when you account for editing time and all the other factors.

Once you figure out the time and effort it takes, then decide on what you'll charge before you start doing comms and such for other people. There will be a temptation to start low, and when you're new you can do a little of that, but pay yourself what your time is worth when people want you do their thing. In short, as I like to say to all creators, never be your own terrible boss.

Over time, you can decide if you just want to stick to voice or add sound effects and such. You'll find some stuff given gratefully for free, but consider it an investment when you pay for quality sound effects and equipment at a reasonable level. Again, my personal experience, I started with a pretty mid-tier mic, and after a few commissions, I reinvest into a high-quality mic and the difference was so worth it.

Vore-related sounds are available online from folks like Jeschke, I have a belch pack that I put together and offer for free, and you'll find stuff if you search FA for sound packs. If you're interested in general sound effects, Humble Bundle has this available right now: https://www.humblebundle.com/software/b ... warebundle It's a big collection of general sound effects and background music, and the price is pretty reasonable for opening up that option with a sound library. I check them periodically for things like this, and have a lot to work with from it.

So that went longer than I expected, but I hope it can help you get a start on some things. Look forward to hearing your work! :)
the_Wolf
Accept no substitutes.

Re: Getting started with the audio community

Postby Niamhy » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:39 pm

Thank you!!! That's a great jumping off point, I'll see what I can do.
(If you're reading this, stick me up your ass ❤️)
Niamhy
New to the forum

Return to Artists Valley